To add a virtual serial ports pair, do the following:
1. Select "Manage ports" tab in Main window.
2. Choose virtual serial ports from the drop-down list or enter them manually.Virtual Serial Port Driver lets you create virtual serial ports with any names you like, so you are not limited to COMx names only. But make sure that programs, working with these ports, support custom port names.
Note: You cannot select port names which are already present in your system.
If you tick the "Create ports only for this user session" option, virtual ports will be created for the current user session only. This is very convenient if you work in RDP session: users can create virtual ports with the same name (e.g. COM4) in each user session.
Note: The newly created pair of virtual ports is available only for the current user session and is not re-created after the system reboot.
3. Click "Add pair" button.
4. Once a ports pair is successfully created, you can see newly created ports in Serial Ports Explorer and in Device Manager in your system.
5. Repeat steps above as many times as many new pairs you need to create.
To delete a virtual serial ports pair, do the following:
1. Select a virtual serial ports pair in Serial Ports Explorer by clicking it once.
2. Switch to "Manage ports" tab.
3. Click "Delete pair" button.
4. In the invoked window confirm ports deletion (if "Confirm ports deleting" option is enabled):
Note: You can delete a virtual serial ports pair only if both ports are closed.
To delete all virtual serial ports pairs, do the following:
1. Switch to "Manage ports" tab.
2. Click "Delete all" button.
3. In the invoked window confirm ports deletion (if "Confirm ports deleting" option is enabled):
4. If you click "Yes" button, your virtual serial ports configuration will be erased and you won't be able to recover it, so you will have to re-create all ports manually.
Note: Ports can be deleted even if they are open by other applications.